Houston Placenta Services -
Serving Houston and surrounding areas.
What is Placenta Encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is a process in which, immediately following the birth of your baby, your placenta is dehydrated and ground into a coarse powder, which is then placed into small capsules that look exactly just like any other vitamin or supplement we might take.
By ingesting these pills, the hormones and vital nutrients lost during birth are replenished, thus making for an easier postpartum recover for the mother.
Reported Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation.
*Increases milk production.
*Lessens postpartum bleeding.
*Balances hormones, helping to prevent postpartum depression or the baby blues.
*Balances energy and replenishes vital nutrients
*Contributes to a happier postpartum period.
Your placenta is amazing. It contains your own natural hormones, made by you, for you. Having it encapsulated gives you the option to have a more natural organic postpartum period.
What is in your Placenta that makes it so amazing?
* Gonadotrophin - the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
* Prolactin - promotes lactation
* Oxytocin - Otherwise known as "the love hormone", for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant.
* Interferon - stimulates the immune system to protect against infection * Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
* Cortisone - combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
* Prostaglandins - anti-inflammatory
* Hemoglobin - replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
* Gammaglobulin - immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
* Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII - stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
These wonderful hormones belong to you, they protected you and kept you well during your pregnancy, it only makes sense to re-introduce them back into your system. Placenta Encapsulation is thought to be a natural, unobtrusive way of doing so.
Methods of Encapsulation I offer and services I provide:
*Traditional Method (TM) of encapsulation
*Raw Method of encapsulation
*Umbilical Cord Keepsake
Houston Placenta Services / Born Free Birthing's Placenta Encapsulation Services include:
Full service, pick-up and delivery (Houston and surrounding areas). Processing per method of clients choosing.
All bookings made prior to 37 weeks in pregnancy will receive a transport kit/cooler with instructions for safe and proper storage for transportation.
Cost of services:
Either TM or Raw Method of Encapsulation
Placenta Tincture (Made with 100% gluten free alcohol)
Berry Flavored Capsules
Mama's Healing Herbal Bath
A careful selection of organic healing herbs and flowers ideal for mom and baby to bathe in for a smooth and comfortable postpartum healing.
$15 - 3 Bags